Trailer brake controller

sfocengr

Reactions
Has anyone installed a trailer brake controller for electric brakes in their palisade? Where did you mount it? Can you show any pictures?

warneej

Reactions
Attempting to install one myself. Interested in any information anyone can provide.

Reactions
This was done on the Telluride, would expect the install to be similar to the Palisade

mecheng1

Reactions
Thank you for spending the time to make this excellent learning video.

SCPat

Reactions
Has anyone installed a trailer brake controller for electric brakes in their palisade? Where did you mount it? Can you show any pictures?
I misunderstood their "factory installed" towing package. The wiring is factory instal led, the towing and braking system are after market and not as attractive as the Kia. After all my conversations about camping trailer, they installed a boat trailer system and I insisted they pay for 7 pin and braking.

Tom1

Reactions
This was done on the Telluride, would expect the install to be similar to the Palisade
Nice job. Question. Rather than connecting to the brake power at the switch under the dash could this be done at the brake switch fuse using a fuse tap ?

SCPat

Reactions
It's an unsightly after market installation. I should have cancelled the purchase

Attachments

SCPat

Reactions
Nice job. Question. Rather than connecting to the brake power at the switch under the dash could this be done at the brake switch fuse using a fuse tap ?
not even close to the nice job on the Telluride. After bragging about towing power, they are not prepared to add the hitch.

Attachments

Reactions
I use a "Echo" by Curt brake controller. It is bluetooth adapted to your smart phone. Install an app on the the and you can access your controller to make brake adjustment to the trailer. Plug into the 7pin and the trailer plug is inserted into the controller.

Reactions
I bought the wiring harness from Hyundai (S8F67 AC700) and it has a pigtail to connect brake controller . One end is bare wires to connect to controller and the other end has a 4 flat male connector to connect to my 2024 Palisade . I understand that there is a female connection somewhere under the dash . I can't find that . Does anyone know where it is ? If so are there any pictures or videos to show that.

Attachments

Hyundai Palisade Posts