2023 bought a few days ago for towing.

ozzy

Reactions
bit of an impulse purchase, I saw the "tow mode" button, saw the ad with the "tow package" and thought--can't be a problem.

I'm a little confused by the situation. is this the state of play: some of the wiring looms caught on fire, now Hyundai won't sell the parts, neither the wiring or the hitch kit?

does anyone have any info on a solution? I slightly worry about a third party add-on rather than a holistically designed OEM part..warranty issues? expensive unreliable non-standard complicated install?

what's the most you've towed with the Palisade? I need to get pretty close to 5000lbs on occasion...

Reactions
f you remove the fuse your trailer lights don’t work = dangerous and illegal in most states.
This towing recall still has no resolution. So Hyundai has created a conundrum… pull the fuse to prevent fire risk. Or drive safely with trailer lights, but the fire risk is now on the owner.

OP
O

ozzy

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
not for me as I bought a 2023 and it comes with no option. infuriating. really a bunch of imbeciles.

Reactions
So I am confused, dealer has ordered the tow package for my 2023 Calligraphy. Is it under recall for the 2023 also.

OP
O

ozzy

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
So I am confused, dealer has ordered the tow package for my 2023 Calligraphy. Is it under recall for the 2023 also.
So weirdly, it’s not under recall, it’s just not available. (Or wasn’t a couple of weeks back)

Pacmon

Reactions
I’ve bought my Limited HTRAC for the same purpose. Upon realizing (dealer said nothing) I didn’t or couldn’t get the hitch and pre wiring, I’ve done some research.
The wiring harness connection port which used to lie behind the driver’s side tail light assembly now lies hidden under the trunk area cover. There’s 3rd party wiring setup you can purchase that will fit the port. As to the hitch, plenty variations out there you can purchase.

OP
O

ozzy

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thanks, although I’ve been informed directly by Hyundai that it will invalidate my warranty. Which for me is the main point of the offering. I’m contacting consumer affairs groups and a class action

Pacmon

Reactions
Please kindly keep me in the loop as I would like to join in on the suit since this is grossly irresponsible for a manufacturer to desert their customer who put their trust and money on a false promise... SMH

Reactions
This is what dealer has on web site as an option. Option includes wiring harness.
Tow Hitch
Trailer towing preparation includes: trailer hitch
MSRP $475

Pacmon

Reactions
Wow, so wiring harness and a hitch installed for $475??

chief253

Reactions
Thanks, although I’ve been informed directly by Hyundai that it will invalidate my warranty. Which for me is the main point of the offering. I’m contacting consumer affairs groups and a class action
Sign me up for the class.

mmmgc

Reactions
What warranty exactly will this invalidate? The only warranty I can see it invalidating is for the hitch and the wiring after the stock connector, which doesn't matter anyway since these are all aftermarket.

The truth of the matter is that Hyundai can tell you that it'll void your warranty but that's not the truth. You can install any aftermarket parts on your car and they have to prove that that part caused the damage to whatever else happened. In other words, just because you install an aftermarket hitch and wiring harness they can't say that it voids the suspension warranty or engine warranty. The most they can say is they don't cover the warranty for those aftermarket parts since they're... aftermarket.

MDinPA

Reactions
Here are the numbers you need Hitch for the 2023 - 2024 Calligraphy is S8F61-AU300, the harness is S8F67-AC700. They are available. I’m a Hyundai dealer in Pennsylvania In case anyone is interested.

Ttuite

Reactions
Here are the numbers you need Hitch for the 2023 - 2024 Calligraphy is S8F61-AU300, the harness is S8F67-AC700. They are available. I’m a Hyundai dealer in Pennsylvania In case anyone is interested.
I saw one installed. The panel for the bumper was black does it come in silver?

Hyundai Palisade Posts