Who's put down a deposit on the Hyundai Palisade?

Who's put down a deposit on the Hyundai Palisade?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will do it soon

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Going to wait

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Post up if you've put down a deposit on the Hyundai Palisade.

Reactions
My deposit goes in as soon as I can get confirmation on VIN and model info.

Pfb483

Reactions
$500 deposit made to secure the order about 3 weeks ago. Got the price I was looking for (below MSRP) and several accessories dealt in plus another $500 off premium 8 yr extended warranty option. Canadian dealer. Was told wait time will be 4-8 weeks for the Ultimate trim in white. However, from what I’ve seen in other Palisade forums and online, wait times could be greater. Keeping fingers crossed.

kellytx

Reactions
I put down a $2000 non-refundable deposit on 10/14/19. Should be here end of November. No pricing confirmed (my dealer isn't marking over MSRP).

Reactions
I put down a $2000 non-refundable deposit on 10/14/19. Should be here end of November. No pricing confirmed (my dealer isn't marking over MSRP).
Wow... My deposit was $500 and fully refundable if I wanted to walk away.

Reactions
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you sort out pricing before ordering? Non-refundable deposit and no agreement on pricing sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

kellytx

Reactions
Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you sort out pricing before ordering? Non-refundable deposit and no agreement on pricing sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
Believe me it slightly worried too. But I know what MSRP is, the only variable would the accessories already added before they get it. I know they won't come off MSRP because they're all being sold before they even get to the dealer. I've been trying to get one with this dealer since July.

Reactions
Believe me it slightly worried too. But I know what MSRP is, the only variable would the accessories already added before they get it. I know they won't come off MSRP because they're all being sold before they even get to the dealer. I've been trying to get one with this dealer since July.
Just make sure you tell them no dealer-addons like paint protection, scotchguard, window etching, etc that dealers tend to do to pad their profit.

Reactions
Some combinations of colors will sell off the truck, while others may set for a bit
I can see where the dealership might want a deposit if they haven't had experience
selling the palisade yet.
I put down a $500.00 refundable deposit as dealer said they could get it made faster
if they showed it was presold. Dealer said they don't turn in false reports to manufacturer
only follow the rules for sales if true. In reality that doesn't seem to make any difference.
This dealership is really top notch and fair to the customers
I have stated and had in email conformations that there will be no addons like
Jaylima listed above

Reactions
Put down a $500 deposit on Saturday after hashing our the terms and final pricing for a Limited. ETA is between the end of the month and the first week of December. Just bought all weather mats and sourcing out other accessories online.

Reactions
I put down $500.00 first of Aug. was told to expect palisade end of Oct first of Nov. Then delivery date was moved up to Dec.7.
Again the delivery date has been moved up to Jan.7. Guess if there is another delay I can just get a 2021.
If I'm lucky by then they will have worked out the tire problem, rear axle vibration, sharp edge cutting in to air bag, lighting for push buttons, and maybe even addition of power folding mirrors.

Last edited:

Caudio18

Reactions
I put down $2000 deposit last month about the 23rd and got car yesterday. I did it via credit card so I could always dispute the charge if needed, but everything went fine. I had to drive about 300 miles to get. It was the closest dealership that was gonna have one sometime this year.

WCollins

Reactions
I put down a $2000 deposit with a full refund if I walk away. They can't keep your money if you decided to not buy it.

Sparky

Reactions
Post up if you've put down a deposit on the Hyundai Palisade.
I was told by 3 dealers in Wisconsin you cannot order a palaisade. You take what the dealer gets. They are snowing you.

Reactions
Maybe they are not taking orders right now with the coronavirus But there are maybe over a 1000 of us who pre ordered ours.
Someone is trying to sell what they have that is not moving

axwack

Reactions
Are these dealers charging over MSRP?

Reactions
You have to shop around to find dealers that are not charging over MSRP

Hyundai Palisade Posts