Way to monitor Transmission Temp?

Reactions
Hi everyone, I'm looking to monitor my tranny temp while towing. I purchased this OBD2 bluetooth scanner thru amazon, it's great but I can't see the transmission temp in the app.

Anyone has any success in monitoring transmission temp using one of these scanners?

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
So here's an update on my search, and so far I cannot find any results. I purchased the following scanners from Amazon, unfortunately they both could not tell me the transmission temp so I am returning them back:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078RMMMXL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPY16ZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would really like to know the transmission temp while towing, as I know when I'm trailering 4,000 pounds my tranny is working extra hard. I know it has a built-in transmission cooler, but for my peace of mind would really like to know. If anyone has any insights or success on this...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! :)

dld

Reactions
I have a ScanGauge II which will indicate both transmission fluid temperature and engine oil temperature when the proper "XGauges" are installed. It will also monitor a dozen or more other parameters. Go to ScanGauge.com for details

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I have a ScanGauge II which will indicate both transmission fluid temperature and engine oil temperature when the proper "XGauges" are installed. It will also monitor a dozen or more other parameters. Go to ScanGauge.com for details
That is really good news. Can you confirm if it works on the palisade, and pulls up the transmission temperature? I may purchase it knowing it can read the temperature 👍🏻

dld

Reactions
Yes it works on the Palisade. I just had my ScanGauge upgraded to the latest version, applied the X Gauge input form the ScanGauge website and it works for both transmission temperature and engine oil temperature, plus all the other things it does. Reads Fahrenheit only, but I can live with that.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Thank you both for the recommendation, I ended up getting the ScanGuage II, and after going thru all of the transmission codes on their website and going thru 5-6 custom codes found that the very last one ended up working on the Palisade, here's the code for anyone who needs it:
  • Gauge
  • TXD 07E1222081
  • RXF C32200000000
  • RXD 3008
  • MTH 00090005FFD8
  • 4.22+ Required
Highest temp I had while towing was up to about 234F, a little high so if there's a transmission cooler option I would investigate it.

IMG_4615.jpeg

Reactions
Thank you both for the recommendation, I ended up getting the ScanGuage II, and after going thru all of the transmission codes on their website and going thru 5-6 custom codes found that the very last one ended up working on the Palisade, here's the code for anyone who needs it:
  • Gauge
  • TXD 07E1222081
  • RXF C32200000000
  • RXD 3008
  • MTH 00090005FFD8
  • 4.22+ Required
Highest temp I had while towing was up to about 234F, a little high so if there's a transmission cooler option I would investigate it.

View attachment 987
Where are you mounting that?

Reactions
  • Gauge
  • TXD 07E1222081
  • RXF C32200000000
  • RXD 3008
  • MTH 00090005FFD8
  • 4.22+ Required

View attachment 987

Reactions
In the Palisade Features & Specifications it states that all trim levels come with a transmission cooler . I don't know if a larger one can be installed

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
It came included in the box with some black velcro strips, so I mounted it right underneath the fuse box

dld

Reactions
I mounted my ScanGauge on the dash immediately in front of me. I can see it over the steering wheel while hardly taking my eyes off the road. I usually have to set to monitor transmission fluid temperature, engine oil temperature, coolant temperature and battery voltage. Of course, one can monitor a dozen other parameters at any time by scrolling through the listings. I've had mine on three other cars ( 2 Mazda C-9s and a Honda Odyssey) and find it a useful tool.
PS: I love my Palisade!

Reactions
It came included in the box with some black velcro strips, so I mounted it right underneath the fuse box
@Mikeg112 does that thing turn on/off automatically when you start and stop the motor or you have turn it on each time you use it?

dld

Reactions
It comes on and off with the ignition.

Hyundai Palisade Posts