Wash

Edubbiey

Reactions
How should I wash my Limited Palisade? What kind of chemicals? Is it okay to use a car wash?

OP
E

Edubbiey

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks.

Reactions
Unless absolutely necessary I would avoid any and all automatic car washes.

Reactions
I run my cars through a touchless car wash regularly and DO NOT opt for wax or any options that might put a coating on the paint. Just the basic wash. A couple of times a year I wash, then apply paste wax (just wax, not one with polishing compound) with a random orbit buffer. This keeps the paint in good shape with minimal work and avoids swirl marks.

Unfortunately I haven't found a product that puts a force field around the car and shocks the s**t out of anyone who door dings it. However, I believe people are actually a little more careful around a shiny new-looking car than a dirty one. Still, the Palisade gets parked in the most remote corner of the lot!

Last edited:
Reactions
I’ve been watching the AMMO NYC YouTube channel lately. I’ve realized that I’ve been washing my car all wrong like a dope. Really interesting stuff and looking forward to put it in practice come spring.

Gene

Reactions
Most good brand car wash will work fine, never use dish wash detergent.
I always hose car off really good.
Use wash mitt to slop soapy water all over car, let set a minute with out rubbing then rinse.
Now you can use the wash mitt to wash very gently, make sure you clean the wash mitt good
before any swishing a round. Dirt in wash mitt can scratch surface.

Reactions
I put a good coat of McGuires wax on my Palisade every 6 months, let it dry and buff with an orbital buffer. Then I only need to hose it off regularly. Keeps a good protective coat on it.

Reactions
I spray the car with water then use a foaming car soap attachment on the garden hose.
They sell special foaming car wash it really foams
Only place you might need to work is on the front and mirrors because of bugs, Then
any road tar near wheel wells.
I use a battery powered leaf blower to dry off. Yes I'm lazy

Hyundai Palisade Posts