Twisted and jammed seat belt.

Tomag70

Reactions
Somehow the right rear seatbelt got twisted and is jammed into the slot on the pillar where the belt retracts. Anyone know how to access the seatbelt mechanism or do I need to take the car to the dealer? 2020 Palisade.

Gene

Reactions
dealer will pull and twist on seat belt to try and dislodge. If you can't do that then take it to dealer.

HeatherB

Reactions
Somehow the right rear seatbelt got twisted and is jammed into the slot on the pillar where the belt retracts. Anyone know how to access the seatbelt mechanism or do I need to take the car to the dealer? 2020 Palisade.
Did you get this resolved? Just happens to our middle bucket seat (driver side).

April B

Reactions
Same here and the dealer wants $200 to tell me it’s jammed

cindycginn

Reactions
The same thing happened to my backseat seatbelt. I’m not sure how to fix it without taking it to the dealer. Any suggestions?

Shaf

Reactions
The same thing happened to my backseat seatbelt. I’m not sure how to fix it without taking it to the dealer. Any suggestions?
Hi can you send the twisted photo or video?

Last edited:

salisboss

Reactions
This issue is the worst. On our 2021 the right middle captains seat had this issue and took 3 months to fix and now the left captains seat has the same problem. I can't believe that it's impossible to untwist the belt. Has anyone successfully removed the panel where the belt feeds out in order to get in there to see? It's a shame that there is no shop service manual on the web.

Reactions
This issue is the worst. On our 2021 the right middle captains seat had this issue and took 3 months to fix and now the left captains seat has the same problem. I can't believe that it's impossible to untwist the belt. Has anyone successfully removed the panel where the belt feeds out in order to get in there to see? It's a shame that there is no shop service manual on the web.
There is: https://www.hpalisadelx.com/

CRS

Reactions
I have had this problem a few times. The trick is to force the seatbelt back in to the housing. One millimeter at a time if neccesary. It's not easy. But eventually it will re-seat itself and break free.

Jameson

Reactions
I just had this happen to me twice. I fixed to today with taking a flat head screw driver and pushing the folded part of the seat belt, let’s say it is folded on the left side, to the left side cavity of the seat belt holder where it is a bigger space. Slowly to it took inch by inch as I forced it into that bigger space until the fold disappeared back into the seat belt holder. While use ding a flathead screw driver I also held the seat belt open so the fold got smaller and smaller as it retracted back into the car. Hopefully that helps

gladiator

Reactions
Mine has been stuck for few months now. The service center is charging like 250$. That's insane.

PalyGoBOOM

Reactions
omg...please remember to remove the seat belt before sex

Hyundai Palisade Posts