No voice alerts after April 2022 update

Buckhorn

Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I installed the April 2022 navigation/entertainment update in my 2020 Palisade SEL without incident. Now, there are no voice alerts for traffic cameras or speed traps.

I've searched through all the system settings for anything related to voice alerts, but couldn't find anything.

According to the online manual (assuming it's up to date), in the Settings > Navigation screen there should be an Alerts option for setting the camera alert distance. However, the Alerts option is not present in that screen.

Some possibilities:
-- I haven't found the magical setting to turn on voice alerts.
-- There is a bug in the update.
-- Someone at Hyundai has decided that they will no longer provide the voice alerts feature. That would be terrible.

I sent a query via the navigation updates support web page. If they reply, I'll pass along any information.

Reactions
My alerts work.
under settings/navigation screen the alerts option is there
is yours down far enough that you have to scroll down for the alerts?
Do you have your volume turned up

wallyn

Reactions
I had the same problem with my 2020 Limited. Blue Link tried to tell me that the dealer had to set a flag on the server to enable the alerts. (it worked before the update). The service manager at the dealer knew nothing about it.
I am hesitant to update my 2022. The alerts was enabled in the settings
Did you have any luck ?

OP
B

Buckhorn

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
After some back and forth with Hyundai AutoEver / Navigation Solutions Center they suggested I perform a soft reset by poking the reset button in the hole next to the Tune knob.

That solved the problem. The Setup > Navigation > Alerts option is now present, and voice alerts are operating.

Hyundai Palisade Posts