Lift Gate Trim Lights

USAJEFF

Reactions
Does anyone happen to know if the stock wiring/connectors for the liftgate trim lights that are usually found on the 2020 Limited and 2021 Calligraphy are generally present on other models? These are the lights on the liftgate that are next to the tail lights but are just unlit silver trim on other models. When I look at the parts list I don't see the lighting harness called out and it doesn't even show the differences in the parts for the lights/trim between the models. I'm wanting to install these lights on my 2021 Limited. I can purchase the stock lights online but can't see anything with regards to the wiring. I hoping not to have to disassemble my lift gate just to find out. I'm fine if I just have to get a different harness but can't identify a part number if in fact they are different. Any help is appreciated.

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, that's not it. What I'm looking for is for these lights on the tailgate side of the taillights. I'm not sure if that wiring/connector is present in the harness for the non-calligraphy and post 2020 Limited's.

1626694663472.png

Last edited:

Bruce

Reactions
Ok Now I See What You Want, I Have A 2021 SEL And All I Have Are Two Panels No Lights. I Saw Online You Can Buy The Lights For $300. Not Sure About Your Question On The Wiring Though. Sorry I Could Not Help.

Reactions
I have a 2021 limited and was wondering that as well. I would assume that the connector pin is present underneath which should make the install a simple plug and play.

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Yeah, that's what I was hoping, I have the lights but only wanted to dismantle the trim once to install them. If the harness isn't there just extra work and risk of messing something up. From my searches can't find any of that portion of the liftgate harness listed anywhere or for that matter the larger wiring harness at all, at least not in the online parts listings.

Reactions
I had a similar question regarding the puddle lights which are under the side mirrors. Really annoying that they had it for the 2020 limited but not the 2021. Even the simple plastic cover for the jack was also removed for the 2021 year.

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yeah, agreed. I guess the little things add up but it seems pointless. I guess feature-wise they need things to pull you through to the higher models. Things like the jack cover are likely just cost reduction.

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
So I thought I would update you all on my adventure to install these lights on my 2021 Limited. As it turned out the stock wiring did not support these lights but after some research, I found that simply replacing the liftgate harness was a viable option. It took a little time to sort out the part number for the appropriate harness but I finally got there. The part number for the new harness was 91650-S8050. I found a great parts source that ships out of Korea, ( www.sparekorea.com) . Overall it was maybe a little pricy upgrade but adds a little flavor to the design.

Bruce

Reactions
Glad You Got What You Wanted... And Thanks For The Part Number!

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Yes, it all went together quite well. Took about 2 hours to swap out the harness but it looks like a factory installation.

OP
U

USAJEFF

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Actually, I bought mine in Korea, I travel there for business on occasion. but you may be able to order them from here (http://www.sparekorea.com/). the Part number is 92404S8000 for the right and 92403S8000 for the left. I paid about $100 each. I think you can also find them on Ebay but they are not cheap there. I did see other online sellers, prices varied widely. Sparekorea was very helpful, if they don't list it they may be able to get it for you.

magicia3

Reactions
I to would love a picture of the finished project, light on and off if possible.

Hyundai Palisade Posts