interior smell

pgiinc

Reactions
smelled somewhat new car when I got it only 5 miles limited model
it sits in the climate controlled garage most of the time and only has 1025 miles on it bought february 25th
now the interior smells like someone has been drinking alcohol in it or kimchi
we never at or drink or smoke anything in it
not new car all

Reactions
Hope hyundai can figure out what the smell is for you. My limited with beige interior has no bad odor

Reactions
smelled somewhat new car when I got it only 5 miles limited model
it sits in the climate controlled garage most of the time and only has 1025 miles on it bought february 25th
now the interior smells like someone has been drinking alcohol in it or kimchi
we never at or drink or smoke anything in it
not new car all
Did your dealer apply any interior protectans?

Reactions
Hello! I am an owner of a 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, purchased in August. I have the pungent odor problem, still. Dealership said it was "new car smell" and it would go away soon. 8 months now and still as nasty as ever! Dealership still maintains "new car smell". I want to vomit when I open the door! I have NEVER, EVER had a new car that smelled this disgusting. In fact, it smells like someone took garlic juice and sprayed it throughout the vehicle and then heated it up! It is that gross! It makes me have headaches and nausea if I drive over 15 minutes and makes my chest tighten and cannot get a good breath. Does anyone else get ill?

Reactions
Hello! I am an owner of a 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, purchased in August. I have the pungent odor problem, still. Dealership said it was "new car smell" and it would go away soon. 8 months now and still as nasty as ever! Dealership still maintains "new car smell". I want to vomit when I open the door! I have NEVER, EVER had a new car that smelled this disgusting. In fact, it smells like someone took garlic juice and sprayed it throughout the vehicle and then heated it up! It is that gross! It makes me have headaches and nausea if I drive over 15 minutes and makes my chest tighten and cannot get a good breath. Does anyone else get ill?
Did your dealer apply any interior protectants?

Reactions
You should send a copy of this posting to the Hyundai customer service. Call their number that is in the manual.

OP
P

pgiinc

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Did your dealer apply any interior protectans?
no I don/t think so
If I would drive it every day I dont think it smell this bad it's only if the car sits a few days
open the door and smells like they been drinking going on in my car
and it perfecty clean like new only has 1200 miles on it
never eaten in or anything

Reactions
My Limited beige inside.. when I first purchased it had a so called new car smell , different then any other new car but it wasn't bad and not strong. It had a leather smell mixed with something else.. didn't last long..

Hyper

Reactions
Ditto, our 2020 Palisade Limited smells bad inside, and we contacted the dealership to see if there's a fix. The dealership said that they never heard of the smell issue, therefore we need for all owners to report. They need to detail and or recall. Such a nice car, but such a rotten smell. There's something wrong with the velvet I bet.

Gary

Reactions
I had a smell from using the windshield washer fluid. Other than that no other odor.

Reactions
That's pretty much norm. I would think. comes in though the AIr Cond.outside fresh air vent. The AC fresh air vent can be closed. .

Reactions
I just posted about this in another forum!!!! My car started smelling really bad about 2 weeks ago !!!! We got it in December and did do the interior protection. I don't know what to do to get rid of it !!!!

Hyundai Palisade Posts