Weather Info gone after Nav Update

CROWMAN

Reactions
Weather info has been on the right side of the Nav screen since I bought the vehicle. A couple of weeks ago the dealer updated my Nav software. XM worked before and after the update, BUT the small screen showing weather info disappeared after the update. That area of the screen now only shows info about whatever XM channel I am using. Settings is set to show Weather. I deselected weather, shut down the vehicle, waited a minute or so, restarted vehicle, went into settings to select weather info again and still did not get any weather on the nav/map screen. Hyundai says it is a XM problem. XM says it is a Hyundai problem. Any idea how to fix this? Pat

Reactions
Weather info has been on the right side of the Nav screen since I bought the vehicle. A couple of weeks ago the dealer updated my Nav software. XM worked before and after the update, BUT the small screen showing weather info disappeared after the update. That area of the screen now only shows info about whatever XM channel I am using. Settings is set to show Weather. I deselected weather, shut down the vehicle, waited a minute or so, restarted vehicle, went into settings to select weather info again and still did not get any weather on the nav/map screen. Hyundai says it is a XM problem. XM says it is a Hyundai problem. Any idea how to fix this? Pat
Weather comes from the internet via blue link, not XM. Do you have an active subscription (you get 3 years free with a new Hyundai)?

OP
C

CROWMAN

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I think I lost it with the update, but have had the car less than 3 years. Guess I will have to call them to get it fixed. Thanks much for pointing me in the right direction.

OP
C

CROWMAN

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Dealer talked me through how to get it back - kind of. Swiping up on the radio side of the screen until I saw weather info worked, but does not show current conditions. Somehow we got the weather to show on the left side of the screen including current conditions but that left the map small and on the right side of the screen. Could not figure out how to switch the weather to the small right side of the screen, but at least I have weather back now.

Hyundai Palisade Posts