rear reverse lights

fisherman

Reactions
What is the color code on the reverse lights for the positive wire, I need to tap into it for a 5 pin trailer plug for my surge disk brakes on my boat trailer! 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited !

Reactions
What is the color code on the reverse lights for the positive wire, I need to tap into it for a 5 pin trailer plug for my surge disk brakes on my boat trailer! 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited !
did you ever got the answer to this question I have to do the same and cannot find the color code for that wire
thank you

OP
F

fisherman

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
did you ever got the answer to this question I have to do the same and cannot find the color code for that wire
thank you
No , I had dealer wire it as my hand was to big to get into the small opening to remove the left rear backup socket. I think that the color of the wires were black and black with red strip. I had this done last Sept. You should be able to check with a test light to see which wire is the 12 volt positive lead!

Reactions
you have to remove the plastic cover where the trailer plug is, I found that the brown wire on the reverse light was the positive and connected my blue wire to it.
thank you anyway
hope you enjoy your Palisade as much as I do

Hyundai Palisade Posts